Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

From Salesforce to BigQuery - java.lang.NoSuchMethodError

Hi, 

I am trying to retrieve data from Salesforce and then write it in a table in BigQuery, but I am getting the following error:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: 'java.util.concurrent.Executor com.google.common.util.concurrent.MoreExecutors.directExecutor()' at com.google.api.gax.retrying.BasicRetryingFuture.<init>(BasicRetryingFuture.java:77) at com.google.api.gax.retrying.DirectRetryingExecutor.createFuture(DirectRetryingExecutor.java:73) at com.google.cloud.RetryHelper.run(RetryHelper.java:73) at com.google.cloud.RetryHelper.runWithRetries(RetryHelper.java:51) at com.google.cloud.bigquery.BigQueryImpl.getTable(BigQueryImpl.java:408) at bau_sf2bq.bigqueryingest_bau_0_1.BigQueryIngest_Bau.tFileInputExcel_2Process(BigQueryIngest_Bau.java:1588) at bau_sf2bq.bigqueryingest_bau_0_1.BigQueryIngest_Bau.runJobInTOS(BigQueryIngest_Bau.java:2290) at bau_sf2bq.bigqueryingest_bau_0_1.BigQueryIngest_Bau.main(BigQueryIngest_Bau.java:2139)

It seems like the error comes only if Salesforce and BigQuery components are used in a same job.

I actually tried something simple: I used a tFileInputExcel to push the data into a table in BigQuery and it works. But as soon as I added the salesforce connection component (tSalesforce_Connection), then I get that error.

Labels (4)
5 Replies
Taochok
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same issue.

And splitting the jobs didn't work either.

I tried making 3 different jobs

job1 is the orchestor

0695b00000EYefDAAT.jpgjob2 connects to SF and download data

job3 connects to Google and upload data to BQ.

So, main job (job1) calls job2, that downloads localy the data.

then onSubJobOk job1 calls job3, the one that uploads the local data to BigQuery.

I got the same error. No success.

My solution is becoming to have 2 jobs and call them completely asynchronously... 😞

this didn't work for me either:

0695b00000EYeetAAD.jpg

SSchneeberger
Contributor
Contributor

Same here. Error only occurs, if tSalesforceInput and tBigqueryOutput are used in the same job and authentication method in tbigqueryOutput is set to service account. Did anyone find a solution to this? Is there a statement from talend why this happens?

Talend Open Studio V7.3.1

Taochok
Contributor
Contributor

I ended up creating 2 different jobs and call them completely asynchronously.

SSchneeberger
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Taochok, thanks a lot for your quick answer. I will consider this as a fallback solution. I still think this is a bug in talend and I will try the same with version 8.

SSchneeberger
Contributor
Contributor

Quick update for others: with the version 8 this error seems to be solved. I could succesfully build and run the jobs that previously caused the error.