Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
VP1
Contributor
Contributor

Generate multiple excel files from Multiple Oracle tables using Talend Open Studio

HI,

I am using Talend Open studio v7.3.

and Talend newbie

I have a requirement where I need to generate multiple files based on corresponding Oracle tables.

As there are lot of tables, I am thinking of a design where I will have some config table in Oracle where I have names of all tables and there corresponding files to be generated (in general file name is similar to table name)

some job which will iterate through this table row by row and then based on table name coming from config table go fetch the data from DB, generate the file and move to next row in config table.

I understand we need to create schema dynamically as we cant have all table schemas pre populated and that is possible in paid version but How to achieve this in Open Studio.

Appreciate your guidance.

VP

Labels (3)
2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

It's impossible to achieve it with native component tOracleInput in Open studio, the component requires you to define the schema to map the select fields of query.

Regards

Shong

VP1
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi Shong,

Thanks for your reply,

That means there is no way with open studio to iterate the config table to get the table name, then get the list of columns from DB corresponding to this table save it on the fly in metadata or somewhere and then use this as schema for excel to be written.

Lets see if anyone has to suggest anything