Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Get Stored Procedure return Value

Hi,
I would like to get back the value of a Oracle Stored Procedure but I don't know how to do this.
I succeed in executing the stored procedure.
How can I do it ?
Thanks,
François
Labels (2)
18 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Still not working....it's only throwing one row from torclsp to tparsercrdset and 0 rows to torcloutput

hi
The problem is no rows are transformed to tOracleOutput, rather than the changes are not commit. It seems you don't use correctly the tParseRecordSet component, there is a scenario about this component in Talend Help Center, I suggest you to refer to this scenario.
https://help.talend.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=8122872#Raa48944
Shong
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hey All!
I'm new to talend and I want to run a SP that runs a process in the DB (oracle), in the end of the process a table with 20,00 rows is created.
How do I retrieve the data (table with 20,000 rows) after executing my SP? Whice component I need to use?
Tnx
lirazru
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

How can i call a procedure for mysql.
tmysqlsp1->tlogrow. (i am using only this two component). it is giving me null values.
But when i am calling this procedure from database it is giving me results. where i am wrong??
Thanks in Advance
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi deba,
What your Procedure looks like? Is there any set of records from output? If so, you have to use TalendHelpCenter:tParseRecordSet to parse.
Best regards
Sabrina
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello,
I have the following error message from the t_jdbcsp component :
Exception in component t_JDBCSP_1
Java.sql.SQLException : Parameter 1 cannot be registered to be of type OTHER because it maps to type DECIMAL and they are incompatible.
In the Parameter tab of the component the checkbox function is checked and the result has to be returned in the lastexcrat column of the output schema.
In the output schema the column lastexcrat has the type BigDecimal (The f_excrat function which is called in the component returns a BigDecimal value ; it works fine when called from the Netbeans IDE).
Excerpt of the code generated :
							// Start of branch "lastexcrat"
if (lastexcrat != null) {
/**
* start
*/
currentComponent = "tJDBCSP_1";
// lastexcrat
// lastexcrat
if (execStat) {
runStat.updateStatOnConnection("lastexcrat"
+ iterateId, 1, 1);
}
statement_tJDBCSP_1.registerOutParameter(1,
java.sql.Types.OTHER);
if (lastexcrat.finacc_credat == null) {
statement_tJDBCSP_1.setNull(2,
java.sql.Types.DATE);
} else {

Any idea on what is wrong ?
TOS Version: 5.4.1 Build id: r111943-20131212-1133
Bet regards,
Marc.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi labm59
Java.sql.SQLException : Parameter 1 cannot be registered to be of type OTHER because it maps to type DECIMAL and they are incompatible.

It seems there is a wrong setting on t_JDBCSP_1, can you please upload some screenshots of the t_JDBCSP_1 component?
Shong
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Shong,
Don"t see how to upload images.
I have sent you 5 screenshots to your email @talend.
Let me know if you need additional info.
Marc.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Shong,
Did you find what is wrong or missing ?
Best regards,
Marc.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

@geetha wrote:
Hello Francois,
in tOracleSP component properties, there is an option called "isFunction" below the SP Name field. to get the value back from Oracle, you need to check "isFunction" box & select the variable in which you wanna store the return value.

Even when I have a procedure and not a function to run?