Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nickheidke
Contributor III
Contributor III

Git Commit Messages

Is there a way to limit the # of auto commits that Talend is making to Git, or disable auto-commit altogether?

It appears Talend is doing a commit on every save, which means that the git logs become too cumbersome to determine what's changed. Ideally, I'd be prompted to do a commit on a save, or before existing the application with a prompt to enter a commit message.

Labels (2)
17 Replies
manodwhb
Champion II
Champion II

@nickheidke,you connect to local from Git repository and you can push the code which you want have in GIt,since from local untill you push it will not commit to GIT.

nickheidke
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

While it's true that I control when I "push" to the remote repository, Talend appears to be "commit"-ing to my local repository very frequently. Here's a snippet of the commit logs, for instance.

• User 'XXXX@tasconline.com' at 13:56:37 IST 2018-08-02 : User action : Duplicate Create process item 'TestJob' at path 'Test' in project 'TestProject' Save project 'TestProject' update poms by copy Save project 'TestProject' Save process item 'TestJob' at path 'Test' in project 'TestProject' update poms by save Save process item 'TestJob' at path 'Test' in project 'TestProject' update poms by save
  • User 'XXXX@tasconline.com' at 13:57:12 IST 2018-08-02 : Move or Copy User action : Move Object Move process item 'TestJob' from path 'Test1' to path 'Test' in project 'TestProject' Save project 'TestProject' update poms by move
manodwhb
Champion II
Champion II

@nickheidke, You can set to Unlock Item to commit for the GIT project in TAC.

manodwhb
Champion II
Champion II

@nickheidke,did it help you?

nickheidke
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

We're using Integration Cloud, not TAC, so that setting is not available as far as I know.

chamak
Contributor
Contributor

@nickheidkeHave you found any solution to this yet? Facing the same with Integration Cloud as well. Thanks.

nickheidke
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

No updates. This is functioning 'as designed', at least for the time being.

chamak
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for your quick reply. Will keep living with swarming meaningless commit messages then 😕
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @chamak,

Could you please clarify in which Talend version/edition you are?

Best regards

Sabrina