Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Meralco-ICT-EDM
Contributor
Contributor

Greenplum Ingestion using Dynamic Framework

Hi All,

I'm trying to create a job that will ingest tables from Hive to Greenplum. I have thousands of tables and it will be a tedious process to create a job per table.

One possible way to do this is by using the Dynamic type on the Schema but apparently Hive and Greenplum Components doesn't support this.

I'm currently using a CSV File to test this since tFileInputDelimited uses Dynamic type.

Any idea on other ways to achieve this? 

All suggestions will be highly appreciated.

Thank you.

Labels (5)
6 Replies
KStevenson1653542555
Contributor
Contributor

Did you have a fix on this issue? Challenging a relative issue yet no response from anyone and couldn't see this point taking a gander at in google.

epayitonline

Meralco-ICT-EDM
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi, No I haven't yet found a fix for this. I also cannot find anything related to this in Google.

Anonymous
Not applicable

If you happen to have the target table in the right format (I suggest creating a script that creates this for you) then using the Greenplum GPloader you should be able to insert data into greenplum in a fast and efficient way.

Meralco-ICT-EDM
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Doesn't the GPLoader Component requires Schema in order to insert to the target table? If so, that means that I have to populate it per table.

Is it possible to use the GPLoad component without setting a schema?

Anonymous
Not applicable

If you're not tring to use create table functionality then the schema is optional. (There's a checkbox to force the schema of Talend which is useful if you want to load fewer columns / different order than you have in the target.)

Meralco-ICT-EDM
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Will try this. Thank you for the information.