Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EMeany
Contributor III
Contributor III

Handling Geometry data types in Talend

Hello,

I have several jobs which interact with a PostGIS extended PostgreSQL AWS instance.  I have been handling Geometry columns by applying ST_AsText(geom) at the DB input query -- and after inserting the text representation of the geometry, I am using a tDBRow component to convert/update the geom columns with the new Geometry.

My questions are:

Is it possible to directly insert a geometry object into PostgreSQL with Talend? 

What is the appropriate way to do this? 

I have tried using type Object within the job flow (with DBtype POINT in the output component) with no success.

Thank you for the help.

E

Labels (3)
2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Could you please try the details mentioned in below post? The post is discussing about Oracle DB but you will need minor modifications in that aspect.

Could you please try and let us know your thoughts?

https://community.talend.com/t5/Design-and-Development/can-not-read-my-geometry-field-on-an-Oracle-d...

Warm Regards,
Nikhil Thampi

Please appreciate our Talend community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved 🙂