Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DEV4
Contributor III
Contributor III

Handling null values from a date column while passing it to context variable

Hi All,

I have a scenario where I am passing the max value from a source date column in to a context variable. But because the source date column has nulls in it, Im getting the below warning and this is causing the job to fail at later point of time.

Please help on how to handle nulls.

0683p000009M7VW.png0683p000009M7W4.png

Below is the message I get when I run the job.

[WARN ]: lmu_data_warehouse.hist_slate_data_ini_latest_0_1.HIST_SLATE_DATA_INI_LATEST - Null value will be used for context parameter max_decision_date: Unparseable date: " "

Thank You

13 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Ideally the count column should be visible when you give a Control space. Could you please download a free version of 7.2 and use my attached job for reference?

Warm Regards,
Nikhil Thampi

Please appreciate our Talend community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved

DEV4
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Nikhil,

For some reason after the tconverttype component data was not being processed. I used tlogrow and got no records. 

So I converted the data in tmap itself rather than using tconverttype and the rest I followed your steps and acheived my result.

Thank you very very much for your help. 

DEV4
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Nikhil,

I did not check "Auto Cast" option in tconverttype earlier and hence that caused the problem.

My bad I over looked your screenshot.

Thanks again

Anonymous
Not applicable

Perfect!

Could you please mark the topic as resolved?

Warm Regards,
Nikhil Thampi

Please appreciate our Talend community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved