Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Help... Error on my first job...

Hi, I'm probably the most junior of the forum and I need your help.
I made my first job to read a positional file with multiple record types,
I'm using tFileInputMSPositional, I created 3 records in the components tab and add 3 tLogRow and associate with each of the records.
When you run me the following error message and can not happen:
Starting job lsadeumen at 13:20 13/07/2015.
connecting to socket on port 3541
connected
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.Error: Unresolved compilation problems: 
Syntax error on token ",", invalid Expression
Type mismatch: cannot convert from int to String
at test1.lsadeumen_0_1.lsadeumen.tFileInputMSPositional_1Process(lsadeumen.java:1536)
at test1.lsadeumen_0_1.lsadeumen.runJobInTOS(lsadeumen.java:2749)
at test1.lsadeumen_0_1.lsadeumen.main(lsadeumen.java:2606)
Job lsadeumen ended at 13:20 13/07/2015.
Labels (3)
9 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,
Have you already checked component reference about: TalendHelpCenter:tFileInputMSPositional?
Did you set "Record"and in tFileInputMSPositional component? What's your component schema setting? Screenshot will be helpful for us to address your issue.
Best regards
Sabrina
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,
Have you already checked component reference about:TalendHelpCenter:tFileInputMSPositional?
Did you set "Record"and in tFileInputMSPositional component? What's your component schema setting? Screenshot will be helpful for us to address your issue.
Best regards
Sabrina

Sabrina Hi, thanks for your help, here some screenshots, also I attached the file that I need to validate:

lsa.deu.zip.zip
0683p000009MB0x.png
0683p000009MAp3.png
0683p000009MAiY.png
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,
Have you already checked component reference about:TalendHelpCenter:tFileInputMSPositional?
Best regards
Sabrina

Sabrina Hi, thanks for your help, here some screenshots, also I attached the file that I need to validate:

lsa.deu.zip.zip

And this is the error:
Starting job lsadeumen at 10:30 14/07/2015.
connecting to socket on port 3821
connected
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.Error: Unresolved compilation problems: 
The constructor AdvancedPositionalParser_tFileInputMSPositional_1(String, int, int, int, int, int, int, boolean, boolean) is undefined
The constructor AdvancedPositionalParser_tFileInputMSPositional_1(String, int, int, int, int, int, int, int, int, int, int, int, int, int, int, int, int, int, boolean, boolean) is undefined
The constructor AdvancedPositionalParser_tFileInputMSPositional_1(String, int, int, int, int, int, int, boolean, boolean) is undefined
Type mismatch: cannot convert from int to String
at test1.lsadeumen_0_1.lsadeumen.tFileInputMSPositional_1Process(lsadeumen.java:2037)
at test1.lsadeumen_0_1.lsadeumen.runJobInTOS(lsadeumen.java:2852)
at test1.lsadeumen_0_1.lsadeumen.main(lsadeumen.java:2709)
Job lsadeumen ended at 10:30 14/07/2015.
Jcs19
Creator II
Creator II

Your schema is wrong. You can use metadata to create your schema 
0683p000009MB12.png
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Are you sure ?...
The files that I need to read are not "delimited by character" type, either fields have a fixed structure. These are files with multiple types of positional records.
0683p000009MB17.png
Jcs19
Creator II
Creator II

Are you sure ?...
The files that I need to read are not "delimited by character" type, either fields have a fixed structure. These are files with multiple types of positional records.
https://www.talendforge.org/forum/img/members/307262/mini_blob_20150714-1629.png
Yes, there are probably some errors in your schema, check it carefully
this error :     " Type mismatch: cannot convert from int to String " means that you tried to must a string into an integer column
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Are you sure ?...

this error :     " Type mismatch: cannot convert from int to String " means that you tried to must a string into an integer column
That's the strange thing, as you can see in the picture, all the fields are defined as character type, which should accept all characters in the file are not doing any conversion.
Jcs19
Creator II
Creator II

Are you sure ?...

That's the strange thing, as you can see in the picture, all the fields are defined as character type, which should accept all characters in the file are not doing any conversion.
O wait, i'm wrong, its when you try to put an integer into a string 
Can you give me a sample of your file ? You can censore all private data if you want to
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

this error :    " Type mismatch: cannot convert from int to String " means that you tried to must a string into an integer column

O wait, i'm wrong, its when you try to put an integer into a string 
Can you give me a sample of your file ? You can censore all private data if you want to
lsa.deu.rar.rar
http://www.sqa.cl/transferencia/lsa.deu.rar