Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jetchebarne
Contributor
Contributor

Help designing an Orchestrator with tWaitForFile

Hello,

I've been trying to build an Orchestrator that works in this way:

• Always wait for a file to be created inside a folder (Can be its subfolders too)
  • Depending on the file extension, it executes a subprocess

That's the general idea, so what I tried to do is use tWaitForFile as seen in this image:

0695b00000HrnWFAAZ.png

I have a couple of issues with this:

• tWaitForFile seems to accept only one filemask, and not multiple ones, if that's the case, is there a better way to do this?
  • If I use the "Run if" from either tWaitForFile or tSetGlobalVar_1 (To run depending on the file mask), if tWaitForFile continues the loop after a file was created, it doesn't seem to execute the child jobs

The other idea is to have one tWaitForFile per mask (.accdb, .xlsx, etc) and running them all in parallel continously.

Is there any better way to do this? Maybe I'm missing something.

I hope I marked it in the right label, considering this is a pipeline anyways. Thanks in advance.

Labels (2)
1 Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

tWaitforFile does not support multiple file masks, as you said, use several tWaitForFile per different file masks and run them in parallel. To do, open the Job Settings view, click Extra panel and check 'Multi thread execution' box.

Regards

Shong