Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to Allocate more RAM to Talend Studio - Failed to create JVM

I had 8GB RAM in my laptop but Talend was going pretty slowly for me. I just upgraded to 16GB ram and have tons of free memory, just waiting for Talend to consume it:
0683p000009MAlP.png
I opened up the Talend-Studio-win32-x86.ini file and attempted to change the -Xms and -Xmx params to 2000m and 3000m, respectively, but received the "Failed to create the Java Virtual Machine." upon trying to open the Talend Studio.
After some fiddling, I got the configuration file to accept the following (which is the max the params can go -- 1 more MB allocated results in the failed to create JVM error):
-vmargs
-Xms771m
-Xmx883m
-XX:MaxPermSize=280m
-Dfile.encoding=UTF-8

I would really like to allocate as much RAM as possible to the Talend Studio as it is pretty slow, and now that I have 16GB RAM on my laptop I am able to allocate 5-6GB easily.
How may I do so?
Labels (4)
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,
Have you checked solution in document TalendHelpCenter:Exception Could not reserve enough space for object heap?
Best regards
Sabrina
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

hi,
try to change in your .ini file 

-Xmx2048m

it's enought I think.
regards
laurent
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,
Have you checked about what is the maximum RAM supported by your JVM through command line?
Vaibhav