Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vicentef
Contributor
Contributor

How to Execute job row by row

Hello guys,

I have a job that gets date from a DataBase (multiple rows) in the DB it is stored the path of a directory (each row in the DB corresponds to a directory). For each row i want to copy the directory, then delete it and last but not least update the database. I want to do that row by row and not Copy everything, then delete everything and update everything.

I've been using Talend for one week now.

I hope that my problem is clear, if not i will try to give you more information if need it.

Example:

0683p000009M4Bz.png

The example above is just a shortcup of my real job. There are some tfilterRow, tJavaRow in the middle

I want to do this : gets row1 -> copy row1 -> delete row1 -> update row1

And not this : gets rows -> copy rows -> delete rows -> update rows

Best regards Vicentef

Labels (3)
2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Could you please try below method?

0683p000009M4C4.png

Here, we are converting the flow from rows to individual iterations. I believe it will help in your case. I would suggest to go through the help document to get more idea about how the values are being passed in the case of iteration model. There are lot of examples in both help.talend.com and in Talend community.

Warm Regards,
Nikhil Thampi

Please appreciate our Talend community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

Try to do this : gets row1 -> copy row1 -> delete row1 -> update row1