Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
somersst
Contributor III
Contributor III

How to connect to Google Team Drive

I'm already using the tGoogleDriveGet component successfully with files on the google-drive of a certain google-account.

We are moving the personal files now to Google Team Drives. I shared the file with my google-account, but Talend isn't able to get the file. I get the message :java.lang.Exception: No file found with name "Test.xlsx" 

Any help would be most welcome.

Labels (3)
11 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does your Google Account use Team Drive or is it using normal Drive? If it is just using the normal Drive, this could be the reason. Take a look here: https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!msg/drive/5oIfUE7Va-w/OuqLyITNBwAJ

It *could* also be that the Google components for Drive do not support it yet. If you test them with an account configured for Team Drive and they do not work, you may need to try implementing this using the Google API for Team Drive (https://developers.google.com/drive/api/v3/reference/#Teamdrives). Looking at the API I suspect that it is not supported yet.

somersst
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

The user-account used to have a personal drive, as al our google accounts. But this user-account has been given now access to the Team-drive.

I'm indeed afraid that this API for Teamdrive is not yet supported.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've just checked, it doesn't look like this is supported out of the box with the Google components just yet. There is a Jira for this though. 

However, you could use Google's REST API to achieve this using Talend components

somersst
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Do you have an example where you download a file, making use of access-token and Application Name 

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm afraid I do not have an example of this, however it shouldn't take much to add downloading a file and using it to the example. If I get some time in the next couple of weeks I may experiment and try this out. However I can't promise anything immediately since I am a little snowed with other deliverables at the moment. It is on my list though

somersst
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Already many thnks for thinking about it.

Is there somewhere a repository of example Talend-jobs, that can be used as inspiration.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am not aware of a repository for job examples I am afraid.

However, you may want to look here for general best practices....

https://community-stage.talend.com/t5/Community-Knowledge/ct-p/tld_knowledge_base

somersst
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi,

did you already had a chance to look at this one??

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry @somersst, I haven't been able to look into this yet. Have you tried looking at the APIs provided by Google? If you have a play with those and figure out how to do this, maybe you could put together a blog on how you did it? We would happily publish a blog on this if you can manage it. 

I do hope to be able to get round to trying this, but unfortunately I am working on several large projects with the Community site and new Talend products.