Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
borke02
Contributor III
Contributor III

How to connect to the Oracle database via SSL

Hello,

I'm trying to connect to an Oracle database via SSL. I'm a newbie in this topic and I found the following website:

https://www.thesslstore.com/blog/activate-ssl-oracle-jdbc-thin-driver/

At the moment I don't have a database to connect to. I'm trying to get one at my company. Nevertheless, I used the information on the website and did a test job with an Oracle connection. In the component the settings are: connection type "Oracle service name" and DB version "Oracle 18 and above". Also, I have host, port, database, scheme, service name (displayed as database) and of course username and password. In the Additional JDBC Parameter field, I would enter the SSL parameters. For a test, I entered "javax.net.ssl.trustStore="truststore.jks"". The code generator throws the error: javax.net.ssl.trustStore cannot be resolved to a type. How can I fix this and is this the correct place to enter the SSL information?

Best regards

Frank

Labels (4)
4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Frank,

To setup ssl for oracle db, please setup the DB Type to Oracle Custom

String of Connection like: jdbc:oracle:thin:@(DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=tcps)(HOST=servername)(PORT=2484))(CONNECT_DATA=(SERVICE_NAME=servicename)))

Additional parameters like:

javax.net.ssl.trustStore=xxx&javax.net.ssl.trustStorePassword=xxx&javax.net.ssl.trustStoreType=JKS

0695b00000hrzoPAAQ.pngNOTE: please don't input the double quotes in the above values

borke02
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi achen,

thank you for your answer. I changed the database connection and tested it. I get a list of missing modules: oraclepki.jar, osdt_cert.jar and osdt_core.jar - all in version 12.2.0.1. Do I have to use this version for the jar files or can I download the newest version from Maven repository?

I'm using Talend Data Integration v8.0.1 and I try to connect to an Oracle database v19c.

Best regards

Frank

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @Frank Borkenhagen​ ,

You can use 12.2.0.1 version of oraclepki.jar, osdt_cert.jar and osdt_core.jar , thanks

borke02
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi achen,

thank you.

Best regards,

Frank