Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jbhatt1810
Contributor III
Contributor III

How to create database using Talend?

Hi I am pretty new to Talend. I have a requirement to create database on the fly using Talend tool before proceeding with other talend jobs. How do I achieve this?

Labels (3)
5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

We support for setting up database connection and creating new table for a specific type of database by using talend components.

With your job requirement, could you please give us more description and background about your database on the fly?

Best regards

Sabrina

jbhatt1810
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Sure, Similar to Create Table components, I am looking for component/way to create database. We have developed job per our requirement and exported as a batch file. This batch file will be used by multiple folks in the team for their validations. To be able to use this tool simultaneously, what I was thinking is to take current datetime (including milliseconds), pass it in a global variable using tJava and add that global variable in the create database query to be able to create unique db name every time tool is run and once completed, simply drop that database. That way multiple folks can use the tool same time without over stepping each other. Something like below:

tJava::

globalMap.put("current_date",TalendDate.formatDate("yyyyMMdd", TalendDate.getCurrentDate()));

Query: Create database globalmap.get("current_date")

And this current_date will also be passed in further tDBOutput component for database field.

jbhatt1810
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Any update on above?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

There is no a specific component for creating database in talend. We have redirected your issue to our product experts and then come back to you as soon as we can.

Best regards

Sabrina

jbhatt1810
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks @Xiaodi Shi​