Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AMaiorov1678082698
Contributor
Contributor

How to fix Guess Schema "Database connection is failed" error

When working with tDBInput component I can't use guess schema to complete column names due to the error "Database connection is failed".

There is a way to fix it by not using an existing connection, but it can be tedious to fill all the fields by hand. Is there a way to fix this error?

Labels (2)
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Could you please clarify in which Talend version/edition you are and what is your JDK version?

The connection DB work and retrieval of schemas seems NOT to work?

Best regards

Sabrina

AMaiorov1678082698
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hello, I work with Talend Open Studio for Data Integration Version: 8.0.1, my JDK version is 19.0.2. Retrieval of schemas works only if I setup the connection manually, by specifying port, user etc. My question is: Is there a way to be able to retrieve schemas while using an existing connection?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

You should be using v11 of the Java jdk.

JDK v19 is not supported for Talend open studio V 8 at the moment. That may not be issue here, but it also could be ( jar issue). As we known that, JDK 19 is not list in our compatible java environments.

https://help.talend.com/r/en-US/Cloud/installation-guide-windows/compatible-java-environments

Best regards

Sabrina