Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sanjeevini
Contributor III
Contributor III

How to kill Talend job by Using the Talend Cloud Management Console Public API

Hi Team,

When i am trying to run the job in TMC i am getting Error as -

It's not allowed to run this task in parallel

0695b00000kWPYBAA4.png

But there the job is not running as per TMC console.

Is there any way to check from backend or API is job running and if it is then how to kill it.

Thanks

-Sanjeevini

6 Replies
Rachel45
Contributor
Contributor

To kill a Talend job using the Talend Cloud Management Console Public API, you can use the

/executions/{id} endpoint. This endpoint takes the ID of the execution as a path parameter.

The request method for this endpoint is DELETE . To kill the execution, you would send a

DELETE request to this URL.

The response will be a JSON object with the following properties:

• status: The status of the execution. This will be EXECUTION_KILLED if the execution as successfully killed.

www.marykayintouch.com

If the execution could not be killed, the response will contain an error message.

sanjeevini
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

this job is scheduled to run every 5 mins and its status of the job from last 1 week is - It's not allowed to run this task in parallel. now which execution id has to be choosed to kill???

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

I think you have disabled the option 'Allow parallel run this task', if so, the task can't be run in parallel.

0695b00000kWf2BAAS.pngIf the task is scheduled to run every 5 minutes or task is triggered by plans, and the previous execution isn't finished, you will get this error.

To get the execution status, you can call this API to get all of the https://api.us.cloud.talend.com/processing/executables/tasks/{provide your task id }/executions

In the task page, you can find the task ID.

0695b00000kWf2uAAC.pngAbout API details, please see

https://api.talend.com/apis/processing/2021-03/#operation_get-task-executions

Regards

Shong

sanjeevini
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Shong,

I have checked the status of the task using APIs..

I am getting only two distinct status - execution_successful and deploy_failed. There is no "executing" status for which i can kill it.

Thanks

-Sanjeevini

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Sanjeevini, I have seen the same issues reported by others, they resolved it by copying the task and deleting the old one. This may not be a very long-term workaround. If you always have this issue, I suggest you to contact Talend Support, they will be able to hold a Zoom meeting with you and take a look at your config to see how best to resolve this.

Regards

Shong

sanjeevini
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Shong,

Yes we also did same work around.

Thanks

-Sanjeevini