Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JM39
Creator
Creator

How to quickly add multiple columns in tMap

Hello.

My output file needs to have 155 columns & I think I've figured out how to create the output schema based on a metadata file. 

But I can't figure out an easy way of getting those 155 columns into my tMap without having to manually add them and name each one.  Is it possible to do that?

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
manodwhb
Champion II
Champion II

@JM39, if you have the output file or table by using which you can create a Generic schemas in metadata and which you can choose in tmap of output section Schema type >>Reposity and can choose the generic schema which you created.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
manodwhb
Champion II
Champion II

@JM39, if you have the output file or table by using which you can create a Generic schemas in metadata and which you can choose in tmap of output section Schema type >>Reposity and can choose the generic schema which you created.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi
If you have saved the schema as a XML file, then you can import the schema from the XML file, otherwise, you have to add column manually one by one, and click 'Auto map' button to create the mapping if the column name in input table is the same as the column name in output table, or drag and drop the columns from input table to output table.

Regards
Shong