Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to recover the parameter in Context with command line windown

Hello,

in my job, i create the parameter 'myfolder' de type Directoy in Contexts and i use this parameter in the component tFileList to recover the path of directory . when i excute the job in Talend, it show a small screen to allow me choose the path of directory i want in my computer.

now i call this job in command line windown with its file batch, it don't show me a small screen to allow choose the path of directory and display directly the error message( no file found in directory).

Could some one point out where I am going wrong?

Thanks in advance.

ledoan

Labels (4)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

When you run the job through commandline, pop up will not be coming but we can pass the data as parameters to the job. Below link has a similar requirement where it is showing how to pass the data as context parameters to Talend job.

https://community.talend.com/t5/Design-and-Development/resolved-Passing-variable-context-value-from-...

If the answer has helped to resolve the query, could you please mark the topic as solution provided?

Warm Regards,

Nikhil Thampi

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Could you please share a screen shot of the job you are building? It will help us in detailed analysis of the requirement.

Warm Regards,

Nikhil Thampi

TRF
Champion II
Champion II

When running from command line, you need to pass parameters using "--context_param"
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Here is my job:

0683p000009LzZ9.jpg0683p000009Lzml.pngT

Regards,

ledoan

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

When you run the job through commandline, pop up will not be coming but we can pass the data as parameters to the job. Below link has a similar requirement where it is showing how to pass the data as context parameters to Talend job.

https://community.talend.com/t5/Design-and-Development/resolved-Passing-variable-context-value-from-...

If the answer has helped to resolve the query, could you please mark the topic as solution provided?

Warm Regards,

Nikhil Thampi