Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sr11
Contributor II
Contributor II

How to trigger a job automatically when User drops file on FTP Server (BOX)

Hi

I have a requirement wherein the job has to get triggered and process the file as and when a User drops a File on BOX(FTP Location). 

TAC File Trigger does not work for this. 

How can I set the job to continually poll the FTP location and then get the files to local and process the same?

Any inputs? 

Thanks in advance

sr

Labels (2)
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

The way I would attempt this is to use the BOX API to see if you can get it to call a webhook when a new file arrives. Use that webhook to call the Talend metaservlet API to trigger the job. I have not done this (and do not know the BOX API), but I suspect this approach is the one you want.

sr11
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thank you very much for the reply. I do see that Webhooks option is available with Talend Cloud. 

Would like to know if this is do-able in Talend v 6.1 and, if yes - can you pl layout / suggest how the design should be

Appreciate your assistance on the same

Thank you

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not very familiar with the Box API. However I have been able to find out that Box supports webhooks. So what I was suggesting was to create a web service using Talend ESB. This would be called by the Box API when the trigger criteria are met. You could then use the Talend Service to trigger your job to pick up and process the file. To do this, you can make use of the Talend metaservlet API. This API allows you to control the TAC.