Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How we can setup SAML token security on the above Talend Service Job

Hi Everyone
I have created a job for REST Service , I am able to execute it and getting response , I have published and deployed to it TAC and the endpoint is working fine. 
Now I am looking to setup token security for this service, I am not getting how I can do this.
Thanks
Labels (3)
4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,
Please select tRESTRequest component in your Job, check out "Use Authentication(ESB Runtime only)" and select "SAML Token", then publish or deploy it again into the Runtime.
Note you have to start STS service before deploy the Rest service. you can execute "feature:install tesb-sts" on Runtime console, that will start a default STS service.
HTH
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank you for response.
I am using TAC for ESB , how should I start the STS over there ? How I will be calling my service after that ?
Thanks,
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

You should start STS from Runtime console (or remove JMX interface) before you deploy the service on TAC.
For calling the service, you can create a job with tRESTClient component, which also checked the "Use Authentication" and "SAML Token" and fill the credentials.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

How the token / credentials are generated , I am able to start the STS from Runtime console but not sure what would be the token and how it will be generated. Could you please let me know that
I trying to find the steps over internet but no luck , I went through the documentations of STS and ESB Infrastructure