Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AStoyakin
Contributor III
Contributor III

Importing external component to Talend Studio 7.3

Hello,

I have problems importing external components to Talend Studio. According to instruction I'm unzipping several components to common folder. Then choosing this folder in Preferences - Talend - Components, clicked Apply. The components are not deployed, in error log I see messages:

"Component ... already exists. Cannot load user version"

"Skip deploying libs from custom components"

Please advise how should I resolve it in Studio.

Best regards,

Alex.

Labels (2)
2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

I have never seen this error. Is it a custom component shared on Talend Exchange? If so, can you tell us which component? I will test it.

Regards

Shong

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

For JavaJet the component load order is the following:

1. Components shipped with Talend
  2. Components shared via GIT (Project Settings Shared component)
  3. Components from UserComponents folder

This means that if you create a component that conflicts with a shared / system component it won't be loaded as it conflicts.

Please also keep in mind that prior to Talend 7.3 one could easily overwrite / modify the built-in components and apply patches. However with Talend 7.3 the monthly patches often contain all the built-in components which would forcefully overwrite any file in the localprovider.

If there's a need to customize a built-in component please consider:

• Raising a new Feature In JIRA
  • Raising a Pull Request in github
    • DI components: https://github.com/Talend/tdi-studio-se/tree/master/main/plugins/org.talend.designer.components.localprovider/components
    • Big Data components: https://github.com/Talend/tbd-studio-se/tree/master/main/plugins/org.talend.designer.components.bigdata/components
  • Optionally raising a support case

Once your pull request is reviewed and approved the factory components will contain the changes and there's no need to install custom components.

Regards,

Balázs