Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
andreasignori
Contributor
Contributor

Impossible to connect to Sybase DB - The Database "" not exist

Hello everyone,

I'm experiencing a strange issue when trying to create a connection to a Sybase database. I was hoping to get some help from the community in understanding what's going on.

Here's the problem: when I create a JDBC connection without specifying the database type, I am able to successfully establish a connection to my Sybase database. However, when I try to create a connection by specifying that the database is of type Sybase, I receive an error message stating that the database does not exist.

Here the screenshot of the JDBC connection:

0695b00000htsJnAAI.png

And i'm able to see to retrive schemas and everything:

0695b00000htsI7AAI.png

If i try to create the connection using the Sybase connection i'm having this error:

0695b00000htsPCAAY.png

That's a strange error, since i know that the schema and the db exist, and i'm able to access to this information with the JDBC connection. Is there someone who can explain to me why this error is happening?

Labels (3)
8 Replies
anselmopeixoto
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hello @Andrea Signori​ 

I would try one of the following to understand the reason of this error:

1. Test the connection and then look at the .log file located inside a folder called .metadata on your workspace. It should provide some details about the error and how the JDBC URL is being formed.
  2. Another way to see how the JDBC URL is being formed is to save the connection (even with the error), create a Job and drag the connection to it using a tDBConnection component. Then open the Java source (there is a tab under the design workspace) and look for the connection string.

Unfortunately I don't have access to a Sybase right now, but I hope this helps you to find out the solution.

Best regards,

Anselmo

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @Andrea Signori​ ,

If you setup the Database and Schema to empty in the db connection settings as the below, it will be working

0695b00000htxgSAAQ.png 

Best regards

Aiming

andreasignori
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi, im not allowed to create a Connection without specifing Schema and Database:

0695b00000htxuFAAQ.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

How about to setup the Database and leave the Schema to be empty?

andreasignori
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Same error:

0695b00000hty0NAAQ.pngI can add some more info, i tried to set up the Connection metadata directly in the tDBInput and Output component. I have no problem in the input component, but it doesn't work on the output componet: With the following error:

0695b00000hty0hAAA.png0695b00000hty0mAAA.pngMaybe it's my opinion but this Sybase integration looks broken in my machine (BTW this is a brand new Talend installation, v8.0.1.20211109_1610)

andreasignori
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi, i tried what you said, and this is the result:

Error log:

!ENTRY org.talend.platform.logging 4 0 2023-06-07 09:14:15.535

!MESSAGE 2023-06-07 09:14:15,535 ERROR org.talend.commons.exception.CommonExceptionHandler - SQL Anywhere Error -265: Procedure 'sp_helpdb' not found

!STACK 0

com.sybase.jdbc4.jdbc.SybSQLException: SQL Anywhere Error -265: Procedure 'sp_helpdb' not found

at com.sybase.jdbc4.tds.Tds.processEed(Tds.java:4230)

at com.sybase.jdbc4.tds.Tds.nextResult(Tds.java:3347)

at com.sybase.jdbc4.jdbc.ResultGetter.nextResult(ResultGetter.java:78)

at com.sybase.jdbc4.jdbc.SybStatement.nextResult(SybStatement.java:303)

at com.sybase.jdbc4.jdbc.SybStatement.nextResult(SybStatement.java:285)

at com.sybase.jdbc4.jdbc.SybStatement.queryLoop(SybStatement.java:2657)

at com.sybase.jdbc4.jdbc.SybStatement.executeQuery(SybStatement.java:2643)

at com.sybase.jdbc4.jdbc.SybPreparedStatement.executeQuery(SybPreparedStatement.java:279)

at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.ExtractMetaDataFromDataBase.checkSybaseDB(ExtractMetaDataFromDataBase.java:396)

at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.ExtractMetaDataFromDataBase.testConnection(ExtractMetaDataFromDataBase.java:343)

at org.talend.metadata.managment.repository.ManagerConnection.check(ManagerConnection.java:290)

at org.talend.repository.ui.wizards.metadata.connection.database.DatabaseForm$75.runWithCancel(DatabaseForm.java:4556)

at org.talend.repository.ui.wizards.metadata.connection.database.DatabaseForm$75.runWithCancel(DatabaseForm.java:1)

at org.talend.repository.ui.dialog.AProgressMonitorDialogWithCancel$1.runnableWithCancel(AProgressMonitorDialogWithCancel.java:77)

at org.talend.repository.ui.dialog.AProgressMonitorDialogWithCancel$ARunnableWithProgressCancel$1.call(AProgressMonitorDialogWithCancel.java:161)

at java.base/java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:264)

at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:834)

I looked at the java code generated and actually the URL string he is trying to create it's actually correct

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi @Andrea Signori​ ,

I have installed the latest studio 8 patch in my side.

so please try to install the talend studio 8 latest patch to re-try

see the article: https://help.talend.com/r/en-US/8.0/installation-guide-windows/setting-up-update-url-studio

after setup the update URL, then click 'Feature Manager' to install the patch and restart the studio

then try to setup the Database and Schema as empty for your sybase connection to see if it work?

andreasignori
Contributor
Contributor
Author

I don't think that i can, i'm using Talend Open Studio