Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vincent5
Contributor
Contributor

Index does not exist

Hello,

I have a problem specific to my current version (V6.4.1) that I did not have in my previous version (V5.2.2)
The context is the following, after loading a table we create the indexes by calling a sql file. This sql file contains for each index a drop / create. We drop before for security, in case an index is still present.
In the context of this job, no index is present and thus the database informix goes back of the 'Index does not exist' but the creation is done well.
This job, launched from the studio, remains blocked at this level.
What I did, I removed the drop and restarted the job that ended properly.
How is it that the job Talend hangs on an anomaly informix (a manageable anomaly) while we did not have this problem in the previous version of Talend? how can we handle this case apart from removing the drop?

In summary, I would like this kind of "acceptable" error does not block the execution of my job.

Regards,

Vincent

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Vincent,

I could see that you have not selected the Die on error condition in your screen shot like in below screenshot.

0683p000009M3AY.png

Unfortunately I do not have an Informix DB handy with me to test it myself.

If your job is still failing, then could you please raise a Talend support ticket if you are using a subscription product? They will check with product team whether its a bug where patch is required.

In case you are using an Opensource product, could you please raise a JRA ticket for this issue?

https://jira.talendforge.org

Warm Regards,
Nikhil Thampi

Please appreciate our Talend community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved 🙂

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Vincent,

I have not worked in Informix before. But when I was working using Oracle database, I usually do these types of index maintenance steps inside an Oracle PL/SQL Stored Procedure and will call them using tDBSP(Informix) component. You can catch these errors inside stored procedure and can ignore them using exception blocks.

Now, if you are using TDBRow(Informix), you can ignore the error by un-checking the Die on error option under Basic settings. In this case, even if a drop command fails, the job will still move forward since you have specified that you do not want the job to fail even in the case of an error.

Could you please advise whether it helped you?

Warm Regards,
Nikhil Thampi

Please appreciate our Talend community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved 🙂

vincent5
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi,

the job calls the sub job that executes the sql file containing the commands to execute. This sub job does not have the option "stop in case of error".
Screen copy attached to the sub job.

Regards,

Vincent

Talend_V6.4.1_4.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Vincent,

I could see that you have not selected the Die on error condition in your screen shot like in below screenshot.

0683p000009M3AY.png

Unfortunately I do not have an Informix DB handy with me to test it myself.

If your job is still failing, then could you please raise a Talend support ticket if you are using a subscription product? They will check with product team whether its a bug where patch is required.

In case you are using an Opensource product, could you please raise a JRA ticket for this issue?

https://jira.talendforge.org

Warm Regards,
Nikhil Thampi

vincent5
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi,

All right, I'll create a request on the support.
Thank you .

Regards,

Vincent