Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sirasit_Mahawanitwong
Contributor II
Contributor II

Ingest Excel file Directly to Hive Table

Hi, I'm fairly new to Talend and I got a task to ingest Excel file directly to Hive table (Hortonworks). I tried with several component like tHiveRow (I don't know the query which will pass my input to the output), tDBOutPut via JDBC (Usually end up with noclassdeffounderror error. I believe it has somethings to do with driver or hive configuration), etc and they didn't work. The only solution I can think is to convert excel file to csv then ingest to Hive. So, my question is, is it possible to ingests Excel file directly to Hive Table without convert the source file? Also, could you guide me which approach should I use for this task?

Thank you

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
manodwhb
Champion II
Champion II

5 Replies
manodwhb
Champion II
Champion II

@splinter406 ,You can use tHiveLoad and check the below link,which has example.

https://help.talend.com/reader/hm5FaPiiOP31nUYHph0JwQ/J3o93uD7MPkWXfbRoo1AmA

Sirasit_Mahawanitwong
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I did try and it actually work..,well for the most part. The result with xls ingestion is not what I expected...here is the result: 

0683p000009M7KZ.png

However, I tried with .csv file and it worked like a charm!0683p000009M6yY.png

I suspect that root cause must be how I create the table:

0683p000009M7ED.png

Did I miss something?

manodwhb
Champion II
Champion II

@splinter406 ,Yes exactly.

Sirasit_Mahawanitwong
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Could you guide me how to create hive table to use with excel? or is it impossible to do so?

Thank you

Sirasit_Mahawanitwong
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Never mind, after I did some research, I came to the conclusion that it is not possible to ingest excel file directly to hive. I have to convert the file to text file before ingestion. Anyway thanks for your help!