Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
François_T
Contributor
Contributor

Is it possible to copy paste the schema columns in the Tsplitrow column mapping ?

I need to split lines, but I have 70 columns. With Tsplitrow, I have to enter the name of every column, one by one. Is there any way to copy paste the name of every column in the row, and then I could easily duplicate it and change what I need for the right split. Or should I enter the name of every column one by one ? 😞

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Are you using the subscription product or Talend Open Studio? If you are using the subscription product you can use the "jobscript" tab in the bottom left of the design window. You can edit the script that is the script version of the design you can see. Be careful not to delete anything or edit anything you are not sure of. I'd recommend taking a backup first.

Search for ....

TYPE: "tSplitRow"

....in the jobscript text and you will see the column mappings below in text. You can copy and paste here.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Are you using the subscription product or Talend Open Studio? If you are using the subscription product you can use the "jobscript" tab in the bottom left of the design window. You can edit the script that is the script version of the design you can see. Be careful not to delete anything or edit anything you are not sure of. I'd recommend taking a backup first.

Search for ....

TYPE: "tSplitRow"

....in the jobscript text and you will see the column mappings below in text. You can copy and paste here.

François_T
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Subscription, for Data Integration.

And I never thought about this solution, indeed, it will work if I'm careful. God Mode, ON 😛

Thanks a lot for the idea, I think it might save us a LOT of time 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

Not a problem. That is what I am here for 😉

This is one of the many examples as to why the subscription product is better than the Open Studio version. This method can be used for a lot of "copy and paste" solutions. But as I said, be careful and take a backup before editing. It can destroy your job if you make a mistake that you can't remember how to revert.