Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Issue: (conn=64635) Incorrect string value: '\xF0\x9F\x98\x8A\x0A\x0A...' for column

Hi,

I am performing a data migration from salesforce to mysql. I have used tsalesforce input and tdboutput in my job. My table in the db is utf8mb4 (I have also tried with ut8). when i load the data i get the below error:

(conn=64635) Incorrect string value: '\xF0\x9F\x98\x8A\x0A\x0A...' for column.

I have also set "noDatetimeStringSync=true&useUnicode=true&useOldUTF8Behavior=true" in the Additional JDBC Parametrs of my tdboutput. It is very important for me to solve this as there is lot of data rejection. Any help would be really apprciated.

Thanks in advance.

Labels (4)
4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I would always suggest to add the screenshots of the job flow with sample data so that Talend community members will get more idea about your issue. I would also suggest to put the full error log + the component details screen shot + schema of the component where you are facing the issue.

From the current details given, I am guessing that your target DB data type is having some issue but more screenshots and details will be appreciated.

Warm Regards,
Nikhil Thampi

Please appreciate our Talend community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Attaching screenshots:

0683p000009M0xS.png

error:

[statistics] connecting to socket on port 4066
[statistics] connected
(conn=64572) Incorrect string value: '\xF0\x9F\x98\x8A\x0A\x0A...' for column 'TextBody' at row 900

The datatype for TextBody is text. It is in ut8mb4 charcterset.

vasan212
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Do you have a solution for this issue? If so can you please share the details here?

Thanks.

Elison1
Contributor
Contributor

olá,

Ocorreu o mesmo problema comigo.

É muito simples, o formato do banco de dados não é a mesma do talend, no meu caso estava como: latin1_bin.

A do talend é: utf8mb4_general_ci.

Apenas troquei a do banco de dados e voltou a funcionar.

Ocorreu alguns outros erros, mas sem nexo com esse que estava acontecendo