Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Issue while accessing shared folder

Hi, 

I am trying to access share folder. I am trying to put a file in shared folder and access all the files in that folder. 

It is shown as it is storing somewhere, but not in the shared folder. When I list all the files, it is showing those files that are copied through talend job(which are not stored on the shared location though) and not the files which the shared folder actually has. I have attached screenshots of my job. 

FYI -> Shared folder has Test_File.txt.(Attached Screenshot)

I could not figure what is missing. Can anyone help me out.

Thanks,

Meghana.

Labels (2)
6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Meghana,

Could you please print the output of the tFileList output for the variable ((String)globalMap.get("tFileList_1_CURRENT_FILEPATH")) and see the details?

I suspect there is problem in the path you are referring. The above variable will show both full path and file name and will give us a better idea. Could you please try it?

Warm Regards,
Nikhil Thampi

Please appreciate our Talend community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi, 

Thank you for the reply. 

Here it is taking path as 

tFileCopy_2 smb:/SharedFolder/Talend/stats_file.txt (No such file or directory).

It should be smb://SharerFolder/ and it is taking as smb:/SharedFolder/

Thanks,

Meghana.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Meghana,

I am confused. In your screenshot, you have added Talend sub directory.

Are you not expecting this? Also could you please mark fail on error option in your tfilecopy component to make sure that data copy is actually happening?

0683p000009M2Uu.png

Warm Regards,
Nikhil Thampi

Please appreciate our Talend community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I am trying to copy file name with stats_file.txt from my desktop folder to shared folder location in "Talend" sub directory.

The exception I provided in screenshot. Please have a look. 

Am I clear?

Thanks,

Meghana.

Screen Shot 2019-01-21 at 12.14.33 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-01-21 at 12.12.45 PM.png
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Meghana,

The job seems to be failed with tFileCopy component where it is not able to access the target directory in network drive.

It could be a permission issue.

As an alternate method, could you please try to do FTP to this folder using tFTP components and see whether it is working?

Warm Regards,
Nikhil Thampi

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I have given access to shared folder and not FTP. I am able to access it through my mac. But, when comes to Talend, I am unable to.

Thanks,

Meghana.