Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
OCarton
Contributor
Contributor

Jira token authentication

Hello,

While trying to connect to Jira cloud with the tJiraInput component, I get the following Exception.

And indeed, the Jira cloud has a token generator for API access.

Any solution to connect to Jira cloud?

Exception in component tJIRA_Get_Tickets (ConnectionJira)

org.talend.components.api.exception.ComponentException: org.talend.daikon.exception.error.DefaultErrorCode@52b1beb6:{message=Can't get response from server, error code is 401

Basic authentication with passwords is deprecated. For more information, see: https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloud/deprecation-of-basic-authentication-with-passwords-for-jira-and-confluence-apis-972355348.html

}

at org.talend.components.jira.runtime.reader.JiraReader.generateJiraException(JiraReader.java:304)

at org.talend.components.jira.runtime.reader.JiraReader.makeHttpRequest(JiraReader.java:248)

at org.talend.components.jira.runtime.reader.JiraReader.start(JiraReader.java:144)

at org.talend.codegen.flowvariables.runtime.FlowVariablesReader.start(FlowVariablesReader.java:73)

Labels (2)
6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Could you please clarify in which Talend version/edition you are?

Best regards

Sabrina

OCarton
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hello xdshi,

Sure : it is the TOS Data Integration 7.3

OCarton
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Anybody has an idea of how to connect the Studio to Jira Cloud?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Are you using SSO authentication for a non-public server such as your internal Jira server?

It seems to be a new feature. Could you please create a new feature jira issue on talend bug tracker?

Best regards

Sabrina

Ani_Mu
Contributor
Contributor

Hello Team,

I'm facing similar issue. In my org I have only Personal Access Token (PAT) to login to JIRA using API. For API uses the username is not required and only PAT is sufficient. I'm attaching the screenshot of the setup I did so far.

0695b00000Uw4rKAAR.png 

Following is the error message I'm getting:

Exception in component tJIRAInput_1 (firstBlood)

org.talend.components.api.exception.ComponentException: org.talend.daikon.exception.error.DefaultErrorCode@12a160c2:{message=Can't get response from server, error code is 400

{"errorMessages":["The value 'DBGHG' does not exist for the field 'project'."],"errors":{}}}

at org.talend.components.jira.runtime.reader.JiraReader.generateJiraException(JiraReader.java:304)

at org.talend.components.jira.runtime.reader.JiraReader.makeHttpRequest(JiraReader.java:248)

at org.talend.components.jira.runtime.reader.JiraReader.start(JiraReader.java:144)

at org.talend.codegen.flowvariables.runtime.FlowVariablesReader.start(FlowVariablesReader.java:73)

at mytalendproject.firstblood_0_1.firstBlood.tJIRAInput_1Process(firstBlood.java:692)

at mytalendproject.firstblood_0_1.firstBlood.runJobInTOS(firstBlood.java:1198)

at mytalendproject.firstblood_0_1.firstBlood.main(firstBlood.java:1036)

Any help anyone please!

Equivalent cURL command goes like this:

curl -H "Authorization: Bearer My_PAT_Token" https://dbg-jira.antheminc.com/

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anirban Mukherjee​ , I'm afraid the tJIRAxxx components do not support Personal Access Token to login yet, you can open a new feature issue under Talend DI component project on our bugtracker.

Regards

Shong