Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
root
Creator II
Creator II

JobLets - OpenStudio ESB

My current service has become a little too big. I understand there is something called "JobLets" which is available on the Enterprise version only. 

Is there something similar which is available for the OpenStudio ESB version? 

DI OpenStudio version has tRunJob available which unfortunately does not work with services setup in OpenStudio ESB via tRestRequest.

I am trying to organize/ reuse some code. Any suggestions welcome.

Thank you.

Labels (2)
4 Replies
nfz11
Creator III
Creator III

Edit: Never mind, you already said tRunJob does not work for your use case so the below does not apply.

You can have a parent job execute a child job as many times as you want.  See the tRunJob component.  Define the parent job and child jobs in different files.  This document might be a good starting point:

https://help.talend.com/reader/DAYCB41YGB24~LuGUOUVlw/R2moPFvsILu_QxS07jlKfg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Why does the tRunJob not work? I'm sure I have done this before....although not for a while. My services tend to be quite small. Another option is to create services out of the functionality you want to share and call those services by your parent service

root
Creator II
Creator II
Author

@rhall
Atleast when I tried a tRunJob some time back, I could not send a response back using tRestResponse (from tRunJob) as tRestRequest was not present

If you can share a small example on how that setup works, I'd love to see.

I am not sure what this means:
>>Another option is to create services out of the functionality you want to share and call those services by your parent service

Can you share an example of this too? Maybe I can try that as well. Thnx again
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can return the result from within your tRunJob to the main job (service) using a tBufferOutput in your tRunJob. This should be described here https://help.talend.com/reader/wDRBNUuxk629sNcI0dNYaA/ICv6hRE2pgpUtQFvQDmxkg

You can then send that back via a tRestResponse. You can set up several tRestResponse messages in the main job (service) if you want.