Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Last Table's Data is not migrated (tDBOutput)

Hi,

Using the following job and settings, I was able to dynamically migrate a whole database from MSSQL to MySQL. However, I noticed that the last table's data is blank (only the table structure and column is migrated).

**The table and its schema is migrated, but no data inside the table. // I'm using a dynamic schema.

Job Design and DBInput

0683p000009M9i4.pngdbinput

DBOutput

0683p000009M9iE.pngDBOutput

When I tried to logged each component, I found that the last table's data is loaded and pass on from tDBInput to tMap and also from tMap to tDBOutput, as the last table's data showed up in the log.

However, when I check the actual output database, only the last table contains no data at all.

Output DB's 1st Table - Have data

0683p000009M9WY.png

2nd (last) table - No Data

0683p000009M9Yo.png

Labels (4)
12 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

@nivedhitha 

Thank you for your reply.

Here's the error for childjob

Exception in component tDBInput_1 (test04_1)
com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException: An object or column name is missing or empty. 
For SELECT INTO statements, verify each column has a name. For other statements, look for empty alias names.

Aliases defined as "" or [] are not allowed. Change the alias to a valid name. at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException.makeFromDatabaseError(SQLServerException.java:217) at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerStatement.getNextResult(SQLServerStatement.java:1655) at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerStatement.doExecuteStatement(SQLServerStatement.java:885) at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerStatement$StmtExecCmd.doExecute(SQLServerStatement.java:778) at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.TDSCommand.execute(IOBuffer.java:7505) at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerConnection.executeCommand(SQLServerConnection.java:2445) at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerStatement.executeCommand(SQLServerStatement.java:191) at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerStatement.executeStatement(SQLServerStatement.java:166) at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerStatement.executeQuery(SQLServerStatement.java:677) at local_test.test04_1_0_1.test04_1.tDBInput_1Process(test04_1.java:1523) at local_test.test04_1_0_1.test04_1.tDBConnection_2Process(test04_1.java:807) at local_test.test04_1_0_1.test04_1.tDBConnection_1Process(test04_1.java:586) at local_test.test04_1_0_1.test04_1.runJobInTOS(test04_1.java:2935) at local_test.test04_1_0_1.test04_1.main(test04_1.java:2730)

Here I have exported the project, please see if you can open it.

test04_1.zip
nivedhitha
Creator III
Creator III

Hey @crotmn , I tried importing your project but I'm not able to. Can you please export just this one job and not the project ?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

@nivedhitha 

Thanks for getting back.

Here I only export the parent and child jobs.

***Update

I tried running the job again and found that there's no error anymore.

However, I realize that only the table and schema is imported to the output database but not the data.

Though the data shows up in the run job log. (I logged DBOutput in the childjob)

Please let me know how it goes.

Thanks alot!!

test_parentjob.zip