Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Remoz-83
Contributor
Contributor

Launching a job from external prompt with TOS

Hi all,

I'm using TOS 7.1 for the first time, I've generated several jobs and I need to launch them from an external source, i.e. without opening Talend.

Is there a way to do so with TOS?

I saw different posts saying that I need CommandLine, but in this case is it available for TOS or I need the licensed product?

Thanks,

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Moe 

Please refer the below link which specifies the step involved to export Talend job as bat file (which can be executed from command line).

https://help.talend.com/reader/GQMv9RekYnlXzw3tanRDdA/jjIXcdA8eKKSN4YJe17FSg

Warm Regards,
Nikhil Thampi

Please appreciate our Talend community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved 🙂

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Licensed product offers the possibility to do it easily

But you can export the job, and run the (bat file or sh file) using your crontab or any task planner

Remoz-83
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thank you DGM for your quick reply,

I've tried exporting the job but in the destination directory I can't find a .bat file, there are only the files that are shown in the attached file.

Should I need to specify something during the export operation (but I have no choice over the file extension) or one among those files is the one I should lunch as a bat file?

Thanks,

export example.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Moe 

Please refer the below link which specifies the step involved to export Talend job as bat file (which can be executed from command line).

https://help.talend.com/reader/GQMv9RekYnlXzw3tanRDdA/jjIXcdA8eKKSN4YJe17FSg

Warm Regards,
Nikhil Thampi

Please appreciate our Talend community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved 🙂

Remoz-83
Contributor
Contributor
Author

It works, thanks!