Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Serphentelm
Contributor III
Contributor III

Left outer join in tMap forces drop constraint on a table

Hi, I was importing some data from a table joining another table. Usually I put the join method as an inner join to catch rejected rows, but I forgot to change it and it stayed left outer join. 

This way, the import deleted automatically a foreign key constraint in the output table, resulting in data violations. Is it normal that the job auto-deletes the constraint?

I don't understand this behaviour.

Labels (3)
2 Replies
Xiaodi_Shi
Support
Support

Hello,

Is there any ERROR SqlException from your DB side? data violations? I'm not sure that there is any action to be performed in the UI, maybe only the db action may clear the issue. 

We need a little bit more information about your issue. Could you please post some of your trouble screenshots on forum which will be helpful for us to address your issue?

Best regards

Sabrina

Serphentelm
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Here's the job:

image.png

It's quite simple: first row of the job just read a table and save a value in a context's variable;

Second part of the job read some SQL Server data as input and write them into a tmp_table in postgres. This table has almost the same schema as the final target table, but a few field that I need to join the tables together;

Last part of the job is the join of my tmp_table with other two tables in postgres, so I can fill all the fields I need in the final target table.

The final target table has  the constraint that is being violated (it's a foreign key constraint as I said), and while executing the job, now Db exception are thrown.