Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Line terminator issue in tFileOutputDelimeted component

Hi, 

I wanted to extract query result to a csv file with LF as line terminator. I have used "\n" as Line terminator in tFileOutputDelimeted component and I am getting CRLF as line terminator.

I have tried with \n, \r, \n\r, \r\n. In all cases, I am getting CRLF as line terminator. 

Can anyone help me out?

Thanks in advance,

Meghana

Labels (3)
10 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thats weird. One possible issue could be that if you are using git as your repository you may have autocrlf turned on.

Double check your git settings ( "git config --global --edit" from the commandline) to see if you have core.autocrlf set to true
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your response, but I haven't using git repository.

cmendels
Contributor III
Contributor III

My coworker just had the opposite problem - she needed CRLF, but was just getting LF.

Do you have the csv options box checked on the Advanced Settings tab? If not, try that and select LF. If so, try unchecking the Use OS line separator box.

Hope this helps!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I could not see any options to select LF here.

0683p000009M0nG.png

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I was able to add the line separator of my choice (\r OR \n OR \r\n) in the tfileoutputdelimited. You need to use the row separator in the basic settings to modify the same. Please refer the screenshots below.

a) Scenario A - Only with Carriage return

0683p000009M0hT.png

0683p000009M0nV.png

a) Scenario B - With Carriage return and Line Feed

0683p000009M0ZA.png

0683p000009M0na.png

If the answer has helped you, could you please mark the topic as resolved? Kudos are also welcome 🙂

Warm Regards,

Nikhil Thampi

cmendels
Contributor III
Contributor III

The option to choose LF is in the basic settings after you have checked the csv options box in the advanced settings.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I have checked the box LF too. I don't know why I am getting my output as CRLF

Thanks,

Meghana

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

@MeghanaKottala - Could you please share the component basic screen shot and if possible can you add a zip file export of your job for detailed analysis?

Warm Regards,

Nikhil Thampi

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Here it is.. I have attached configuration

Screen Shot 2018-11-02 at 3.55.04 PM.png