Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Loading mechanism to fill the existing column in destination after adding new columns

Dear Experts,

I have an situation and thinking that how Talend will help to achieve or any common logic.

For ex: 

I have a Talend job which is currently extracting data from source db and inserting into destination db.

Source:

col1,col2,col3

AB12,90,Y

Note: the source table contains 56 columns but only 3 columns what business needs at Day 1.

Destination:

col1,col2,col3

AB12,90,Y

After 15 days- business asked to add another 3 columns from source, so i have added those columns in source extraction query and also added those columns in destination table.

Source:

col1,col2,col3,col4,col5

AC1,40,Y,ET,US

After executing the job, destination looks like below with past load old data and new data.

Destination:

col1,col2,col3,col4,col5

AB12,90,Y,null,null

AC1,40,Y,ET,US

The question is, how fill the two newly added columns for pas load since it shows null,

Should i do truncate and reload ? if yes i may loss the key linkage to other table like Fact table.

Should i do update for pas load records ? if yes will talend perform well for more than 1M records whenever this situation occurs ?

Tx

Labels (2)
0 Replies