Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PD2
Contributor
Contributor

Loop/Retry on tFTP component

Trying to build some error logic into the file transfers I have created in Talend.
What I would like to do is Loop/Retry on the tFTPConnection on a connection error otherwise run a set of subjobs via tRunJob.
The problem I have run into is how do I pass the connection from the parent job to the subjobs?
I have looked at the "Use Dynamic Feature" but not sure how it would apply.
Any pointers?
Thanks
Peter
Talend 5.5.1 on Linux Ubuntu 12.04
Labels (2)
4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,
Use dynamic job allows multiple Jobs to be called and processed. When this option is enabled, only the latest version of the Jobs can be called and processed. An independent process will be used to run the subjob. The Context and the Use an independent process to run subjob options disappear.
See component reference TalendHelpCenter:tRunJob
Did you want to also use tFtpConnection in your child job without create the FTP connection many times?
Best regards
Sabrina
PD2
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Sabrina
What I would like is all of the child jobs to use the same FTP connection.  This allows me then to write error/retry FTP connection logic only in one place.
Assuming the the child jobs are run via tRunJob it is not apparent to me how to "pass" the connection created via tFtpConnection to the child jobs.
Thanks
Peter
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Peter,
There is an option " Dynamic settings to share the intended connection", but not sure how to enable it for FTP connection.. Some one from talend can show the screenshots for how to do...

Vaibhav
PD2
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi Peter,
There is an option " Dynamic settings to share the intended connection", but not sure how to enable it for FTP connection.. Some one from talend can show the screenshots for how to do...

Vaibhav

Taland gurus any thoughts?
Thanks
Peter