Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Loop with Tmap component

Hi
I'm currently trying to find a solution to transfert files to a new Outputfile, but with i big work on the data transfered.
I'm actually stuck with this problem:
I need to make a loop within my SQL request. I don't think it is possible to make it happen with Tmap component, but is there any other tool that I could use?
It's hard to explain what I need to do and I don't know if I'm clear but I'm trying !!
Thanks for your help !
Labels (2)
6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi
I think maybe you want to save all data manipulated in tMap as a cache, right?
But i'm sorry. tMap cannot do that.
Regards,
Pedro
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi
Is there a componenent that can make a loop on a table and give a result that Tmap can use ?
Thanks for your help !
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi
You might try tHashOutput and tHashInput. But these components will save data into memory and cost system resources.
Regards,
Pedro
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi
How can I work with these components ? I wanto work on my table, for example :
one user may have several dates (so serveral lines in the table) I want to keep the last date in time, how can I do ?
Thanks for your help !
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi
I wanto work on my table, for example :
one user may have several dates (so serveral lines in the table) I want to keep the last date in time, how can I do ?
Thanks for your help !

I think you need the tAggregateRow component to get the max date group by the user.
Best regards
Shong
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Ok thanks, do you haéve any tutorials to help to understand how it works ?
I want to get one date (the latest in time) for each user of the table, so I group by part_adn (user) and try to get the date in question (prm_deb), how should I do ?
I'm trying different things but I don't get it: "Warning:the operation 'max' for the output column 'PRM_DEB' can't be processed because of incompatible input and/or output types"
Thanks for your help !