Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mail Notification for Long Run Jobs

Hi Guys

Can you please guide me how to send a mail notification if job runs more than one hour in studio.

How can we capture time continuously when job runs.

Thanks

Deepthi

Labels (1)
4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

This would be a nice thing that could be done with a Camel Route (ESB) and making use of the Talend MetaServlet. The reason for the Route would be that Routes are intended to be always running (so could monitor the status of the TAC), the metaservlet usage would allow you to periodically check the status of all of the jobs. If you have the TAC and use ESB, I would advocate trying this out (I may do in the future). What do you have to play with?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi

Thanks 

For your quick response

i am running few jobs in parallel in Talend DI

so want capture the time.Thanks

Understood your solution will try, as working with open studio i dont have TAC

can we have any method to achieve the same using TOS 

Thanks

Deepthi

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

This solution won't be as effective, but you could make use of the AMC functionality and have a Talend job scheduled to run every 5 mins to monitor the current status shown in the AMC tables. From that you could achieve this. If you are unsure about the AMC, I have written a bit about the AMC and how to set it up on my website. The first tutorial to look at is here (others are linked) https://www.rilhia.com/tutorials/talend-activity-monitoring-console-amc

TR8
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, why not to use taskexecutionhistory table?