Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Managing Contexts and Deployments - TIC

I have about 50 Jobs, some controlled by a Master Job. I want the Child jobs to run under a specific context. I have 3 contexts (DEV,UAT,PROD). I have tried to "Transmit Entire Context" and set the context of the child package etc. My TIC environments match the context names (DEV, UAT, PROD) but it seems I have to manually set the child jobs to the context I need. Has anyone figured out the best practice for this? I have more than 100 variables, and hand setting these after deployment is more painful than updating each child package. Thanks.

Labels (2)
3 Replies
PaulyWally
Contributor III
Contributor III

Unless I misunderstood your question you just need to select the correct Context inside the Child Job(s).

0683p000009LxZj.png

In the next window you can select any combination of Contexts to use in that job.

0683p000009LxVx.png

Another thing you can use it tContextLoad. You can create another Job that loads Context(s) into a tBufferOutput. Then call that Job from any other Job and load the Context(s) using a tContextLoad.

0683p000009LxZt.png

0683p000009Lx6l.png

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Pauly, The tContext Load doesn't seems to work without using a Key-Pairs files, however I will revisit. I think this is something that should be addressed by Talend, it seems slightly ridiculous that I have to change the context manually for each child package, even when I do I still have to change the actual job also. I must be doing something incorrectly. I will continue to investigate this issue.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

Be carefull for deployment in TIC !!!

If a job was already published in TIC once, and then you modify contextual variables, and then re-published it: It is possible that Contextual variables in TIC were not updated ... (i don't know if it's still the normal comportment of TIC)

I personnally remove the job in TIC, AND THEN re-publish my job in order to update contextual variable when I need to.

I hope it will help you!