Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ml1662663516
Contributor II
Contributor II

Merging Known User Data with Looked Up User Data (tFileInputExcel and tLDAP)

I have an Excel file of user data (name, email, phone, address, etc).

I need to iterate through the Excel file and lookup the user's network id using their unique email address and tLDAP. And, then combine both sets of data into one tFileOutputDelimited.

I have successfully accomplished these two tasks separately.

1 - I can use tMap to get the Excel file mapped over to

tFileOutputDelimited.

2 - I can also use tLDAP to get the user's network id based on their email address.

Where I am getting stuck/lost, is how can I now merge the results of the tMap and the results of the tLDAP into one tFileOutputDelimited?

I don't think I should "trust" that both iterations will always be in the same order. I assume there is some way to "lookup" that the unique email from the Excel file is associated with the unique email that was used to get the user's network id.

I hope this makes sense?

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
anselmopeixoto
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi @Mark Lammert​ 

From what I've got, you could do it by connecting tFileInputExcel and tLDAPInput to a tMap component and then configure the join inside tMap configuration window by dropping the email column from excel input onto the corresponding column of ldap lookup input.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
anselmopeixoto
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi @Mark Lammert​ 

From what I've got, you could do it by connecting tFileInputExcel and tLDAPInput to a tMap component and then configure the join inside tMap configuration window by dropping the email column from excel input onto the corresponding column of ldap lookup input.

ml1662663516
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thank you.

This is what I ended up doing:

tFileInputExcel -> tHashOutput1

tLDAPInput -> tHashOutput2

tHashOutput1 and tHashOutput2 "joined" to a tMap -> tFileOutputDelimited

anselmopeixoto
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III