Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Missing date not retrieve

Vipin_vipz:
Hello guys
I am new to this tool.... I'm facing an issue i have two excel file..... I have to insert missing values of a coloumn from one file to 2nd one having reference column in both files

what should be right approach to fix this issue.

Appreciate if any one of you please guide.

Thanks
Labels (1)
  • v7.x

6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi
Please show us some example data to explain your requirement, so that we can give your more accurate answer .

Regards
Shong
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I have these two xlsx file. In collection input file there are two columns Bill_No and Manual_PRNo in which some data are missing so i have to retrieve those missing data with the help of INPUT named file where all data are present.
Collection Input Format.xls
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi
I think you need to do an inner join between two file to retrieve the missing data based on the key columns, please refer to this article
https://community.talend.com/t5/Design-and-Development/Doing-an-inner-join-using-a-tMap-component/ta...

Take a look at it and learn the scenario, let me know if you still have any questions.

Regards
Shong
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

i've already applied this concept of matched and unmatched in output. But it did not retrived missing data of columns in file "collectioninput" from file input.

Do we need any filter expression in output?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Please share some screenshots of your job or upload the job, so we can know what you are doing wrong and help you.
manodwhb
Champion II
Champion II

@nsingh , you can do with tmap and do the inner join and missing file is main and other file is lookup and in the output section of tmap activate filter with that the column have null values.