Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Multiple Update of a record using Talend SCD component

Hello experts,
I have 2 updates for same record in CDC ( So these records will have same values for Unique keys in Target Table) .
My First record goes in but while inserting second record it throws unique key constraint error. Database unique constraint which includes unique Key constraint (same for both records) and start_timestamp . I had first selected Job_Start_time as value for Start in VERSIONING section of SCD component hence it was giving error. Since I want to have 2 different Timestamp for these 2 values I am trying to use "INPUT FIELD" option for start inside Versioning. However After I select this option for start inside versioning, it is giving me compilation error . I have created a variable in previous step (tMap) with same name as start variable and assigned value to it , still no luck .
Screenshots attached here.
Thanks for your help and reading through.
Regards,
Milind
0683p000009MB2b.png 0683p000009MBQR.png 0683p000009MBLZ.png 0683p000009MBQW.png
Labels (2)
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi
The function TalendDate.getDate(String pattern) returns a string, if you want to get the current Timestamp, try this expression:
TalendDate.getCurrentDate()

Best regards
Shong
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi
The function TalendDate.getDate(String pattern) returns a string, if you want to get the current Timestamp, try this expression:
TalendDate.getCurrentDate()

Best regards
Shong
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Shong for your reply.
Please ingore my earlier reply as full text did not go through.
My real problem is :
In Versioning Section, when I change value of column "creation" to "Input Field"  for type="start" and name"VERSION_START", I am unable to type anything in "Complement" column.

Thanks,
Milind