Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KKlimczuk1618309742
Contributor
Contributor

Multiple nodes not working in tCouchbaseDCPInput component

Hello,

Documentation says that bootstrap nodes field should contain addresses separated with commas: "enter the names or IPs of these nodes in this field, separating them using commas (,)" (https://help.talend.com/r/l3v7SecP0krCnE_GeFyYNw/CSnEsOOSjhP9ljKXhvdq9w).

I tried to insert multiple addresses: "IP, IP, IP" or "IP",

"IP", "IP" - results: Could not connect to cluser or Could not parse field. The only way to make job working is to insert only one node but how can I be certain that data will be collected from all nodes?

Am I doing something wrong or there is a bug in tCouchbaseDCPInput component?

Labels (2)
17 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Does it work well when you are connecting to cluster by using tCouchbaseInput component?

Could you please show us your tCouchbaseDCPInput component setting screenshot here?

Best regards

Sabrina

KKlimczuk1618309742
Contributor
Contributor
Author

It works with both components, with dcp component it only work when I provide single node address. And my question is how can I be certain that it connect all 3 of my nodes?

I configure them this way (address and bucket name is dummy data):

KKlimczuk1618309742
Contributor
Contributor
Author

KKlimczuk1618309742
Contributor
Contributor
Author

I have additional question which can solve my problem other way. Is it possible to use tCouchbaseInput component can receive whole document in json? Now I have to specify columns which I want to load from document database, is there any solution to load whole document in some "value" column?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

We are supposing that there might be a problem with dcp connection if you are able to use multiple addresses in tCouchbaseInput component.

As I don't have an environment for testing now, could you please open an issue under Talend DI component project on our bugtracker for our R&D team to investigate it further?

Best regards

Sabrina

KKlimczuk1618309742
Contributor
Contributor
Author

I have error on that page.

Could you refer to my second question? Is there any possibillity to receive whole document in json (not only certain columns) from couchbase using tCouchbaseInput (not using n1ql)?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

It seems to be a new feature to pull the entire couch base document via tCouchbaseInput component . Is it possible for you to do a query like SELECT *?

Best regards

Sabrina

KKlimczuk1618309742
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Nodes dont have query service installed and it cant be changed, so every N1QL is not an option. I have also checked loading documents by views but I cant find option for view in tCouchbaseInput. So SELECT * ... cant be done in my case, but maybe it can be done with view - could you help me how to do this with view?

KM1989
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

In a similar situation i am taking the nodes from the couchbase server section and putting them in bootstrap nodes for tcouchbasedcpinput component with ".."

Kindly mention the format as am getting runtime exception that it could not connect to cluster or bucket.

I do not have tcouchbaseinput as am using talend 7.3 version.

Thanks.