Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
datajunkie1000
Contributor III
Contributor III

Multiple users on a Talend Studio server

Hi All

I have a windows server running Talend Studio. I can log in and run Studio with no problems. I'm trying to alow a second user to run Talend Studio concurrently so I created a separate Talend-Studio folder with its own workspace. When the second user logged in and started Talend she got the following error. Has anyone managed to have concurrent insatcnes of Talend Studio running and if so what configuration worked?

!SESSION 2020-05-27 08:11:46.790 -----------------------------------------------
eclipse.buildId=unknown
java.version=1.8.0_252
java.vendor=AdoptOpenJDK
BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86_64, WS=win32, NL=en_US

!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 4 0 2020-05-27 08:11:47.447
!MESSAGE Error reading configuration: D:\talend2\Talend-Studio\configuration\org.eclipse.osgi\.manager\.fileTableLock (Access is denied)
!STACK 0
java.io.FileNotFoundException: D:\talend2\Talend-Studio\configuration\org.eclipse.osgi\.manager\.fileTableLock (Access is denied)
at java.io.RandomAccessFile.open0(Native Method)
at java.io.RandomAccessFile.open(RandomAccessFile.java:316)
at java.io.RandomAccessFile.<init>(RandomAccessFile.java:243)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.location.Locker_JavaNio.lock(Locker_JavaNio.java:39)
at org.eclipse.osgi.storagemanager.StorageManager.lock(StorageManager.java:391)
at org.eclipse.osgi.storagemanager.StorageManager.open(StorageManager.java:704)
at org.eclipse.osgi.storage.Storage.getChildStorageManager(Storage.java:2068)
at org.eclipse.osgi.storage.Storage.getInfoInputStream(Storage.java:2085)
at org.eclipse.osgi.storage.Storage.<init>(Storage.java:240)
at org.eclipse.osgi.storage.Storage.createStorage(Storage.java:175)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.EquinoxContainer.<init>(EquinoxContainer.java:72)
at org.eclipse.osgi.launch.Equinox.<init>(Equinox.java:34)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.startup(EclipseStarter.java:315)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:251)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:659)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:595)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1501)

Labels (3)
8 Replies
manodwhb
Champion II
Champion II

@datajunkie1000 , if I understand correctly multipule users logging into same windows server and trying to use the same talend at a time right? is it Talend enterprise software?

datajunkie1000
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Yes, we're using Talend Cloud API 7.2.1. Both users have enterprise licenses

manodwhb
Champion II
Champion II

@datajunkie1000 ,when both users have license you should have installed in two different systems like local system connect to Talend cloud project using remote project option.

datajunkie1000
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks for the reply. Is there any way for two users to share the same development PC? Even if they they shared the same workspace rather than each user having their own workspace? 

manodwhb
Champion II
Champion II

@datajunkie1000 , ido not think that way ,but when you have two licenses why cannot use remote project and you can use git versioning to track the changes you can see each other developer code too.

datajunkie1000
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi

I'm not clear on what you mean - are you saying that if we use GitHub then two developers should be able to have their own instance of Talend Studio open on the same machine at the same time?

wcfsmart
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

I have SVN and Commercial version with remote project

When two users uses same Studio installation on same Computer with different workspaces and user account, you have this error message :

0695b00000KyusTAAR.png