Qlik Introduces a New Era of Visualization! READ ALL ABOUT IT
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ray0801
Creator
Creator

My job is taking a long time when I try running it on my Talend cloud?

I have a job that runs in around 2-3 minutes in my local machine and loads almost 250000 rows to MySql server Database ,

When I import it into another machine with the same memory specifications .

The runtime is 15-17 minutes, When I schedule it to Talend cloud the runtime is 17 minutes.

Any suggestions on why the runtime has suddenly increased and how I should optimize my job.

Note : I cannot use Bulk insert

Labels (3)
1 Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable

This could be a number of things causing this. The first thing to look at is your MySQL database. Is it the same DB you are testing on (when it runs in 2-3 mins) when it runs for 17 mins? Is the DB on your local machine? Also, this sort of degradation can be caused by using insert/update. If your table is empty or with very few updates to carry out in one instance, but on another it has a lot of updates to carry out, this can cause a degradation in performance (...although I wouldn't expect this sort of degradation to be honest). I think the first thing I would look at is where the DB is located and whether you faster access to it from your local machine than from other machines.

Once you have identified the bottleneck, it may require some changes in the logic of your job to improve performance if you cannot remove the bottleneck you have found. But we can come to that once you have considered what I have suggested.