Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Need to add extra 2 column in excel

Here's the existing flow in my job.

DB --> tMap --> OutputExcel

Once the data gets in to the excel (Column A to Column X will be filled), the formula in Column-Y and Column-Z will be calculated.

Now, I want this calculated data also move back to DB. In this case, the excel data which moves back to DB is from the Column-A to Column-Z. 

Please suggest the solution to achieve it.

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I gave like this but error happened

java.lang.NullPointerException

0683p000009LxCW.jpg

View solution in original post

12 Replies
manodwhb
Champion II
Champion II

@samisyed80,in tmap,you can populate in output shcema,with two extra coulmns.as shown below.0683p000009LxQK.png

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Manohar, actually the calculation is happening in excel. After calculation i need to grab those values and send it back to DB. In this case, how can i pull only the calculated value? Example:- if the result is 15 for the excel formula "=A+B" then i need to send the value 15 to DB. Please suggest

current flow is 

DB-->tMap-->OutputExcel

Is the below flow i should follow?

DB-->tMap-->OutputExcel-->tMap-->DB

manodwhb
Champion II
Champion II

@samisyed80,yes you can do the below way.

DB-->tMap-->OutputExcel-->tMap-->DB

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

actually the calculation is happening in excel. After calculation i need to grab those values and send it back to DB. In this case, how can i pull only the calculated value? i don't want the calculation part to be inserted in talend, but i need only the calculated value.

manodwhb
Champion II
Champion II

@samisyed80,you can check the caluculated value is greated than 0 you can populated to DB in tMap itself.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

how to pull the calculated value to tMap? Apologies, i am new to talend.

manodwhb
Champion II
Champion II

@samisyed80,find 0683p000009Lx0z.pngbelow.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

see the flow and formula. I need to grab the value from "Denominator and Numerator" column to DB. Output is not yet placed, but before output DB i have placed a tMap. See the screenshot. Is this fine? I still don't get how the calculated value will come here.

Graph10.jpg
Graph11.jpg
Graph12.jpg
vboppudi
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi Samisyed,

If i understand correctly, first you need to load records to excel file and excel will calculate to columns by using formula. Now you need to read all populated columns from excel and two calculated fields as well correct?

If yes, The first load excel file with a-x columns and then use target excel as source.Now in source include y,z columns as well. Use target as DB table and update new columns based on key column (if you have ) else insert all columns into target DB.

hope this helps!

Regards,