Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

No Compiler Detected running built Job

Hi Everybody,

I have quite an uncommon situation. I have 2 identical servers with the same java versions, Talend versions, Windows version, etc. On one of them, a job is running perfectly and on the other I am getting an error about "No compiler detected" but just when I run the bat file of the standalone built job. I can run the job from Talend itself perfectly, but if I build the job and try to run it by itself I get the error.

Can anyone think what could be the reason? I have to say it is quite urgent since it was supposed to be just a copy/past from one server to the other and I have a meeting in a day about this... 

Best Regards,

JNanin

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

You need the JDK for your Studio. JDK is not needed to run job especially in the studio, but needed to export the job

It is a good idea to ONLY install the JDK across all of your environments as it comes with the JRE anyway.

Please ensure proper version of JDK is installed. For v6 of Talend products JDKv1.8 is required instead of JRE. If that requirement is met, ensure JDK bin is included in your PATH environment variable and is being reached.

Best regards

Sabrina

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

You need the JDK for your Studio. JDK is not needed to run job especially in the studio, but needed to export the job

It is a good idea to ONLY install the JDK across all of your environments as it comes with the JRE anyway.

Please ensure proper version of JDK is installed. For v6 of Talend products JDKv1.8 is required instead of JRE. If that requirement is met, ensure JDK bin is included in your PATH environment variable and is being reached.

Best regards

Sabrina

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi again everybody,

After hours of testing, I have fixed the problem. I don´t know why, the command prompt wasn't using the right path for java so it couldn't find the bin file. I had it on the JAVA_HOME and on the PATH variables correctly, but it was still not working. What fixed my problem was deleting the JAVA_HOME variable, create it again pointing to the same place (C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_181 in my case) and modifying the PATH variable order, changing the %JAVA_HOME%\bin from last position to first.

After restarting, everything has been working perfectly...

Regards,

JNanin

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Sabrina,

Thanks for the help, but yours is not the actual solution. I had the JDK v1.8 installed and the bin folder on the PATH environment variable since the beginning, and I was still getting the error. That is why I couldn't find out what was going on for so long. I even reinstalled JDK several times.

I chose my answer as solution because it was what fixed the problem for me, and since I saw another post with a similar problem, maybe it might help them too.

Regards,

JNanin