Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Null values

Hi. 

I've a problem with union data in tMap component, 'cause one of the output data has black values in some rows, problem with this, row I use as key is the row with black values in the other side each row in data has every value, when I run job, message is:

Exception in component tMap_15 (Interceramic)
java.lang.NullPointerException
at local_project.interceramic_0_1.Interceramic.tFileInputExcel_5Process(Interceramic.java:24184)
at local_project.interceramic_0_1.Interceramic.runJobInTOS(Interceramic.java:1789)
at local_project.interceramic_0_1.Interceramic.main(Interceramic.java:1638)

I hope your help to resolve this situation.

Regards.

Labels (1)
5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

You are getting the Null pointer excpetion in tMp. Could you please share the overall job flow and the screen shot of the tMap so that we will get more idea about what you are trying to achieve?

Warm Regards,
Nikhil Thampi

Please appreciate our Talend community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi, Nikhil Thampi

Of Course

Job.jpg is the image where show the connection to join data

tMap.jpg is the connection I have with the tUnited and how I connect both of them by "No_Cntr_" and "No_Contenedor", "No_Cntr_" has black values

Salida.jpg shows one example that how data is, the red line shows column "No_Cntr_" and the rows are empty.

Regards

Job.jpg
Salida.JPG
tMap.JPG
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I dont think that is the reason for null pointer exception. Are you using any functions or expressions in the tMap_15 (Interceramic)?

If you are using any Java function like sub string, equals etc. for a column containing null value, it will throw this error.

Warm Regards,
Nikhil Thampi

Please appreciate our Talend community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi.

According to your message, I don't use any function or expressions in tMap_15, expressions I used in tMap before to standardize each column but in tMap_15 don't; tMap_15 I'm ussing only to join both tUnite_1 (row 28) and tUnite_5 (row 44)

To answerer the second point, the column named "No_Cntr_" doesn't ussing any expression or function 'cause is a unique value and the way we received data is the same and that column is the key to integrated all data in one DB.

Regards. 

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

And I don't know if when I want to join tUnite_1 and tUnite_5 the black values to has the column "No_Cntr_" to the output tUnited_1 be the problem because it does not have any value in tUnique_5 to joined.