Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Open JDK and older version jobs supported in new version?

Greetings,

We have installed Zulu OpenJDK 8x in local computer and Talend Open studio 7.1.1. Designed a simple job and executed it in a Linux computer, job runs fine. So, all jobs with complex functionality will work here right?

Also, we have jobs built on 7.0.1 and running in Linux computer with openjdk version "1.8.0_191". Can we import these jobs in the latest studio version 7.1.1 make any changes and execute in Linux again? Will this work?

Thanks!

Labels (2)
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Importing Talend jobs from one version to another should not depend on the Java environment they were originally built using unless you have used some deprecated Java functionality in an older version and it is no longer supported in the newer version. Considering the scenario you have given, I wouldn't foresee any issues.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

we have used tcheckpoint component(s) in 7.0.1 downloaded from the exchange

https://exchange.talend.com/#marketplaceproductoverview:marketplace=marketplace%252F1&p=marketplace%...

But, this component is not compatible in 7.1.1 version, do we have any other solution for job restarting from failure point?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I have used these components a long time ago. I believe they work by writing to checkpoint files. You could quite easily recreate this functionality using Talend components OR look into the component design and copy the code making use of the new Java functionality (and excluding the old functionality). As these are not standard components I am not sure you can expect them to be upgraded. You could contact the developer.