Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Output filter column with append existing excel file

Hi,

I will write an example to explain my request.

I have a file named "file-A" with for example column B - E - G ; and a "file-B" to fill, acutally it has only his header with column A B C D E F G H.

So I created a metadata for my file-A and my file-B.

How can I fill my file, using I suppose "attend existing file" and only the column B E G will be fill, others will stay empty, and using my metadata because actually in my real file-B I have like 200 column and I don't want to create them one by one in a tMap...

Is there any component or way to say : Column A from file-A go to column B from file-B, same with E and G, and the others are empty. 

Hope you'll understand, thanks

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

It is not I guess because I can't find it

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I'm not very sure, but I think you have simulate the structure of file-B in file-A

(read file-A) --->tMap-->(you add empty column to make the output similar to file-B structure)--------->(then you apend the content in file-B)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Yes I have this solution in my mind but, like what I said, I have like 200 column in my real file-B structure, and I don't want to create all columns one by one in tMap when my metadata is ready... But if there is no other solution, I'll do it with tMap

navds
Creator II
Creator II

You can use tSetDynamicSchema. Not sure if it is available for the Open Studio though.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

It is not I guess because I can't find it