Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pop up message to capture information

Hi, 

I have an issue regarding context variables. I have set them up in context view using the prompt option. I have 6 variables:3 are drop down list and 3 manual input.

When i run the job in Talend there's a pop up window where I can insert/choose the information and then the information is propagated to the assigned variables and the exported in an excel file.

The problem is when I build the job and run the executable, there is no pop up window showing and the 3 variables that are list defined just  show all the possibilities.

Is there a way to build the job so that it will run the same way when using the .bat file?

Labels (2)
1 Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

When you are running through bat file, you will have to pass the parameters by via --context_param. Please refer the below link for details.

https://community.talend.com/t5/Design-and-Development/Problem-with-context-prompt-params/td-p/61319

The prompt of context variables as a pop up is basically a development tool and it is not the right method to use during production runs. So the context parameters need to be passed as parameters as shown in the link for production scenarios.

Warm Regards,
Nikhil Thampi

Please appreciate our Talend community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved 🙂